I love these kind of round-up posts for a Sunday, only it’s already Tuesday. I’m gonna blame the heat. All I want to do is nap. But I also want to see what’s in my first Birchbox, and I told myself I could only open it after I’d written my post. Do you do that too? Set up little rewards for yourself? Honestly I am soooo tempted to open it but no, nope! I’ll press on. Here are some of the things we’ve been up to lately.
1. We finally made the marbled clay ring dishes from A Beautiful Mess. (I’ve been wanting to make them since they were posted last November.) Lily said it was the most fun craft ever! Word to the wise: don’t try to remove the clay from the bowls you baked them in until both are cool. You’ll burn yourself (guilty!) and might tear the clay (did that too). I say “tear” because they’re kind of pliable, rather than rock hard like I thought they’d be. But they still do the job and they’re cute, so it’s all good.
2. The watermelon popsicles from Eat Yourself Skinny were a little bit more difficult. The popsicles melted so quickly (seriously, it’s hot here) that they fell apart every time I tried to take a picture and we probably went through three or four before I finally got this one. The green part is supposed to be lime sherbet but nobody here likes it so I used vanilla pudding with a little food colouring instead. The “seeds” are chocolate chips. Cute eh?
3. A couple of weeks ago we taught the kids to play backgammon and they are totally obsessed. I’m so happy to see they like it. It’s the same set I spent hours and hours playing on with my grandmother when I was their age.
4. A Beautiful Mess regrammed this picture I posted on Instagram and it’s had something crazy like 5,800 likes. The print was in the last Happy Mail. Don’t you love?
5. And my girl Aneta and I have a flash giveaway happening here on Instagram for a $20 gift card to Home Depot. Quick, hop over! It ends tomorrow at 5 pm. Canadian residents only svp.
Now to open my goodies! I’ll tell you more about it in another post.
Have a great day, everybody. Stay cool.
4 responses to “Five things”
What a wonderful way of preparing popsicles – cute for kids.
awesome regram picture, so cool when it is seen so many times… I love backgammon and I love the picture. ( and I fess up I love this heat..)
The watermelon popsicles look yummy and I bet that they were. They wouldn’t last long enough for picture taking if I had been around.
The ringdishes would be lovely little decorative touches here and there – even if they don’t hold rings.
Always love reading your posts and what’s going on with you and the kiddies — seeing your great pics.
Going to look at the site “Eat Yourself Skinny” – looks like fun.
soooooo………….. what’s in your Birchbox ?
I could live on those popsicles! So good, and so cute. 🙂 Stay turned to see what’s in the Birchbox! Some goodies I think you’ll like!