Thomas Allen & Son sent me my favourites from the Pipsticks X Workman Publishing collab in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are mine and from the heart.
“SUMMER IS ALMOST OVER WHICH MEANS SOON U GET TO HIDE INSIDE NOT TALKING TO ANYONE WITHOUT FEELING WEIRD ABOUT IT.” — Orlando Soria
I love September for all of the usual reasons, but even more so this year because I’m starting it with a super fun planner that’s going to help me get a grip on all of the things I’ve let slide and crush my goals. The vast majority of which will not require leaving the house. #killingit #pajamasarelife I know, now you’re over there all TELL ME MORE and as luck would have it, I’m over here (in my pj’s) all OKAY I WILL. Continue reading ““I don’t want to get organized” said no one ever + A giveaway!”
If you follow me on Instagram you might recognize most of these photos but here (and only here!) can you get the scoop behind the pictures. Okay not really. You can also get it on Instagram. But sometimes I fill in different details here too, so you should still read my Five Things. Heck you’re here, so you must want to. 🙂 Read on then! Don’t let me get in your way!
1. Speed-walking to school, as we do most mornings. How can we get almost everything ready the night before and still take so long getting out the door? Tell me I’m not alone in this. What hurries things along for you?
2. I can’t get over these emoji cookies from A Couple of Squares. The London, Ontario bakery supplies to The Second Cup near our dentist, so we picked up a few after our last visit. And then brushed our teeth really well.
3. Well we already know Mindy Kaling has an amazing sense of style, but did you know she’s also got a brilliant eye for decor? I love her feature in the latest issue of Domino. And may I just say I’m so glad the magazine’s back? Now we just need them to put out another book!
4. This cutie is one of the Minted prints I’ll be showing you in an upcoming post about transitioning your decor to fall/winter. Don’t you love?
5. I’ve started a six-week bootcamp at the gym three mornings a week and let me tell you, it’s a killer. Or I am super out of shape. Or maybe both. Today I managed to squeak out a few more push-ups than I did in the first class on Monday so I can already see some progress. Yay! (Everything hurts but still, yay!) Do you amp up your fitness routine in the fall?
Hope you’re having a good week, everybody! Talk to you again really soon.
How was your week, everybody? My guys have been away visiting family for half of it so mine’s been quiet. In a good way, ‘tho. I’ve done a little reading, a little running, a little cleaning (too little) and a lotta sleeping. Oh! And a little window shopping yesterday at The Drake General Store, which opened in Ottawa a few weeks ago. Have you been to the ones in Toronto or browsed online? So many carefully curated finds, from housewares and accessories to kids’ toys and gifts. And some unique Canadiana too.
I’m crushing on the cactus wallpaper, among a dozen other things. Wouldn’t it look fab in a powder room or an office?
I’ve done next-to-no back-to-school shopping, but I did pick up these cute Old Navy slip-on sneakers for my daughter. Do you have any shopping to do? How’s it coming along?
This week So Fawned published my latest DIY: this easy-peasy sign for your first-day-of-school photos. I can’t believe that’s next week already!
The Farmers market was ridiculously crowded today, but I standing in line for some of these tomatoes was well worth the wait. My favourite time of year is just around the corner: apple season!
And look who opened a second location near me! DAVIDsTEA! Are you a tea drinker? What do you drink?