I wish I had more people to bake for because I’d love to try all 25 recipes in Cute Christmas Cookies: Adorable and Delicious Festive Treats by Hannah Miles. I made the iced mitten and frosted pinecone cookies this weekend in my jammies (which I highly recommend for extra baking cozyness) and they are indeed both adorable and delicious. And there’s much more where that came from! Cookies to warm the heart (snowman faces and polar bear snow globes), cookies to decorate the tree (garland cookies and candy cane cookies), cookies to gift (mini gingerbread houses and peppermint bark), and cookies to stir up some seasonal magic (coconut snowballs and clementine linzer cookies). All in a beautifully photographed book with both American and British measurements for friends across the pond. Thomas Allen & Son sent me a copy to help us get into the holiday spirit and they’ve got one for one of you too. It’s the most, won-der-ful tiiiiiiiiime, of the year! Continue reading Cute Christmas Cookies: Adorable and Delicious Festive Treats + Win a copy!
What happened to all of our beautiful fall colours? It’s been so windy the past couple of days that most of them are already off the trees. Before I go pick up the rake, here’s a couple of notes on recent happenings. Continue reading Five things
If you follow me on Instagram you might recognize most of these photos but here (and only here!) can you get the scoop behind the pictures. Okay not really. You can also get it on Instagram. But sometimes I fill in different details here too, so you should still read my Five Things. Heck you’re here, so you must want to. 🙂 Read on then! Don’t let me get in your way!
1. Speed-walking to school, as we do most mornings. How can we get almost everything ready the night before and still take so long getting out the door? Tell me I’m not alone in this. What hurries things along for you?
2. I can’t get over these emoji cookies from A Couple of Squares. The London, Ontario bakery supplies to The Second Cup near our dentist, so we picked up a few after our last visit. And then brushed our teeth really well.
3. Well we already know Mindy Kaling has an amazing sense of style, but did you know she’s also got a brilliant eye for decor? I love her feature in the latest issue of Domino. And may I just say I’m so glad the magazine’s back? Now we just need them to put out another book!
4. This cutie is one of the Minted prints I’ll be showing you in an upcoming post about transitioning your decor to fall/winter. Don’t you love?
5. I’ve started a six-week bootcamp at the gym three mornings a week and let me tell you, it’s a killer. Or I am super out of shape. Or maybe both. Today I managed to squeak out a few more push-ups than I did in the first class on Monday so I can already see some progress. Yay! (Everything hurts but still, yay!) Do you amp up your fitness routine in the fall?
Hope you’re having a good week, everybody! Talk to you again really soon.