This Christmas my wish list is all about feathering our nest. I’d love a Scandinavian-inspired mirror for the entry, a swoony diffuser for the living room, some kind of lighting situation for the dining room (I finally painted it white but it’s still so dim), and a big screen TV to curl up with and watch all the holiday Netflix in bed. (Santa, I’ve been really good this year!) All of which was heavily inspired by Domino: Your Guide to a Stylish Home, the much-anticipated new release from Domino magazine editors Jessica Romm Perez and Shani Silver. It’s a follow-up to the 2008 release, Domino: The Book of Decorating. While the first book was all about demystifying interior design, this second one promises a deep dive into the nitty gritty of home decorating — how to use key elements from lighting to collections and everything in between to make your space your own. “Your home isn’t simply the things in it — it is more about crafting a space to share with the people you love,” the authors write. “It doesn’t need to be perfect — it just needs to be perfect for you.” Continue reading Domino: Your Guide to a Stylish Home by Jessica Romm Perez and Shani Silver
If you follow me on Instagram you might recognize most of these photos but here (and only here!) can you get the scoop behind the pictures. Okay not really. You can also get it on Instagram. But sometimes I fill in different details here too, so you should still read my Five Things. Heck you’re here, so you must want to. 🙂 Read on then! Don’t let me get in your way!
1. Speed-walking to school, as we do most mornings. How can we get almost everything ready the night before and still take so long getting out the door? Tell me I’m not alone in this. What hurries things along for you?
2. I can’t get over these emoji cookies from A Couple of Squares. The London, Ontario bakery supplies to The Second Cup near our dentist, so we picked up a few after our last visit. And then brushed our teeth really well.
3. Well we already know Mindy Kaling has an amazing sense of style, but did you know she’s also got a brilliant eye for decor? I love her feature in the latest issue of Domino. And may I just say I’m so glad the magazine’s back? Now we just need them to put out another book!
4. This cutie is one of the Minted prints I’ll be showing you in an upcoming post about transitioning your decor to fall/winter. Don’t you love?
5. I’ve started a six-week bootcamp at the gym three mornings a week and let me tell you, it’s a killer. Or I am super out of shape. Or maybe both. Today I managed to squeak out a few more push-ups than I did in the first class on Monday so I can already see some progress. Yay! (Everything hurts but still, yay!) Do you amp up your fitness routine in the fall?
Hope you’re having a good week, everybody! Talk to you again really soon.