Today I’m borrowing from the best with a new format for my Five Things series (the same one Samantha uses for her Five Things, Meg for her Weekend Update, and Elizabeth for her Week’s End). The collage of photos up top means less scrolling and a quicker read for you, and a fresh look for me. I hope you’ll like it!
1. I’m back to #Girlboss after a brief hiatus to read Etta and Otto and Russell and James, Funny Girl and Lost & Found and it’s so, so good. Can’t wait to read Elsie’s take on it when I’m finished. Have you read #Girlboss? What are you reading now?
2. I made Chatelaine’s slow-cooker French onion soup to enter into the magazine’s photo contest, only to see afterwards that I’d missed the deadline by a few days. Duh. This month’s challenge is this sweet Dutch baby pancake.
3. My son took this selfie this week at Starbucks while his sis was having her piano lesson. I love this half-hour we have together every week with just the two of us. Do you have a weekly ritual with someone special?
4. You know what makes a great hostess gift? (No, not a cat, ‘tho we do love ours.) Magazines! My girlfriend knows I don’t drink wine, so when she brought her family over for dinner last week she gave me some of my favourite mags instead. Such a great idea! What are some of your faves?
5. My giveaway has ended, but why not try your luck at these: Aneta has a $150 Visa gift card up for grabs; Helene is giving away a KitchenAid stand mixer (woot!) and Elizabeth is drawing for a gorgeous print.
Have a great week, everybody!