For a long while I was big on picture frames. Then candle holders. Now bud vases. But I’ve always loved stationery — for ever and ever! — and what better day than the first of May to share a little happy
mail mayl? I’ve put together a baker’s dozen of my favourite cards to send to one of you, super fun sentiments from Kate Spade, ban.do, A Beautiful Mess, and more. 💌 Continue reading “You’ve got MAYL 💌 + A giveaway!”
Yesterday I spent a pleasant couple of hours in the flow writing cards to some of the sweetest people in my world. It makes me happy knowing they’re going to find something bright and cheerful in the mail, just like I do every month with my stationery subscription from A Beautiful Mess. I love the Beautiful Mess girls and just about everything they do. Last summer they announced they’re working on a cookbook (yay!) but it’ll probably be another year and a half before it comes out (boo). Here’s four other highlights from last week. Continue reading “Five things”
I love these kind of round-up posts for a Sunday, only it’s already Tuesday. I’m gonna blame the heat. All I want to do is nap. But I also want to see what’s in my first Birchbox, and I told myself I could only open it after I’d written my post. Do you do that too? Set up little rewards for yourself? Honestly I am soooo tempted to open it but no, nope! I’ll press on. Here are some of the things we’ve been up to lately.
1. We finally made the marbled clay ring dishes from A Beautiful Mess. (I’ve been wanting to make them since they were posted last November.) Lily said it was the most fun craft ever! Word to the wise: don’t try to remove the clay from the bowls you baked them in until both are cool. You’ll burn yourself (guilty!) and might tear the clay (did that too). I say “tear” because they’re kind of pliable, rather than rock hard like I thought they’d be. But they still do the job and they’re cute, so it’s all good.
2. The watermelon popsicles from Eat Yourself Skinny were a little bit more difficult. The popsicles melted so quickly (seriously, it’s hot here) that they fell apart every time I tried to take a picture and we probably went through three or four before I finally got this one. The green part is supposed to be lime sherbet but nobody here likes it so I used vanilla pudding with a little food colouring instead. The “seeds” are chocolate chips. Cute eh?
3. A couple of weeks ago we taught the kids to play backgammon and they are totally obsessed. I’m so happy to see they like it. It’s the same set I spent hours and hours playing on with my grandmother when I was their age.
4. A Beautiful Mess regrammed this picture I posted on Instagram and it’s had something crazy like 5,800 likes. The print was in the last Happy Mail. Don’t you love?
5. And my girl Aneta and I have a flash giveaway happening here on Instagram for a $20 gift card to Home Depot. Quick, hop over! It ends tomorrow at 5 pm. Canadian residents only svp.
Now to open my goodies! I’ll tell you more about it in another post.
Have a great day, everybody. Stay cool.