Some of you have asked about a few prints you’ve spotted here and on social so I thought I’d do a quick round-up of my favourites and where you can find them. I’ve got all five in my living room right now; some new, some old, all under $33 CAD (including one you can download for free). … Five art prints I love and where to find them
How’s everybody doing? My house looks like a bomb went off and everything feels sticky in the humidity but I’m just going to ignore that a while longer (maybe weeks, ha ha) to check in with you. Are you sorry the summer’s half over or counting the days ’til fall? You know what camp I’m in. 🎃 🍂 🥾🕯 📚 I’ve just nuked a stone-cold tea and let the cat out so I’ve got approximately two minutes before I have to hop up and let him in again. And then out again. And in again. You know the story. Here’s the rando things I’m loving this month. Let me know if you see anything you’re coveting too! … Currently coveting
There are plenty of ways to bring botanical style into your home without spending a lot of green. Here are some of my favourite fresh and affordable takes on the trend, including Valerie McKeehan’s new Chalk-Style Botanicals Deluxe Coloring Book and a chance to win a copy of your own. … My favourites in botanical style + A giveaway!
From fashion to home decor and everything in between, botanicals are bigger than ever. It’s one of my favourite trends for spring/summer, so naturally I looked to nature to freshen up our gallery wall for the new season. Leaf it to Minted to have botanical prints for every style under the sun, whether vintage, boho or (my favourite) tropical greens. I spent a contented couple of hours last month tilling the site for a selection of plantastic prints to complement the ones we already had. Who says blue and green should never be seen? You’ll see plenty here and I think it’s fab! … Leaf it to Minted for botanical style
Yesterday we skipped spring and went straight to summer — any hotter and the chickens would’ve been laying hard-boiled eggs. Which didn’t thrill me exactly — I like more temperate climes — but we’re back in the teens today so it’s all good. Here’s a quick five things to start us off on a good foot this week. … Five things
We had our big Thanksgiving dinner last night so we’ve been pretty low-key today. The menfolk have been watching Bob Vila’s Home Again on the Interwebs (can you believe it’s 25 years old?), the kiddos playing with Lego, and me baking all the things. How was your day? … Five things
If you follow me on Instagram you might recognize most of these photos but here (and only here!) can you get the scoop behind the pictures. Okay not really. You can also get it on Instagram. But sometimes I fill in different details here too, so you should still read my Five Things. Heck you’re here, so you must want to. 🙂 Read on then! Don’t let me get in your way!
1. Speed-walking to school, as we do most mornings. How can we get almost everything ready the night before and still take so long getting out the door? Tell me I’m not alone in this. What hurries things along for you?
2. I can’t get over these emoji cookies from A Couple of Squares. The London, Ontario bakery supplies to The Second Cup near our dentist, so we picked up a few after our last visit. And then brushed our teeth really well.
3. Well we already know Mindy Kaling has an amazing sense of style, but did you know she’s also got a brilliant eye for decor? I love her feature in the latest issue of Domino. And may I just say I’m so glad the magazine’s back? Now we just need them to put out another book!
4. This cutie is one of the Minted prints I’ll be showing you in an upcoming post about transitioning your decor to fall/winter. Don’t you love?
5. I’ve started a six-week bootcamp at the gym three mornings a week and let me tell you, it’s a killer. Or I am super out of shape. Or maybe both. Today I managed to squeak out a few more push-ups than I did in the first class on Monday so I can already see some progress. Yay! (Everything hurts but still, yay!) Do you amp up your fitness routine in the fall?
Hope you’re having a good week, everybody! Talk to you again really soon.
Do you have a Summer bucket list? I’ve never made one myself, but I do have few things that I’d like to do. Like take the kids to a water park. Pick strawberries and make jam. Do a road trip to Target (the nearest one is two hours away) and Hello Yellow in Almonte (a 45-minute drive). And read Sophie Kinsella’s new book. (And about a dozen others!) Here’s a few things I’ve been up lately.
1. Bananas, cherries and a splash of milk whizzed together in the food processor made the most delicious (and nutritious!) popicles the other day. Me and the kids could live on frozen treats, so you’ll be seeing a lot more of my concoctions this summer.
2. I’m partnering with minted to build a gallery wall and last week my prints arrived. Oh I can’t wait to show you the big reveal when it all comes together! (And there might be a little sumthin’ in it for you too!)
3. All these carnations, just $6 in Loblaws’ discounted flower section! I call them poor man’s peonies.
4. Have you done any planting this year? Yesterday we put together a wee herb garden with all of the usual suspects (chives, basil, thyme, etc.).
5. June is going to be a busy month here on the blog, what with the gallery wall reveal, more book reviews, a look at my trip to a super fun craft show, another giveaway from Lampe Berger and more! I hope you’ll follow along. I’m so glad you’re reading.
Have a great week everybody!
Want the easy how-to? Drop by So Fawned Lifestyle.
Oh the kitchen’s been smelling so good! Yesterday I made these triple chocolate sour cream cookies by Christine at Life on Manitoulin. Their cakey texture makes them almost brownie-like (yum!) and the m&m’s give them a nice crunch.
We shared them with friends who came over for a playdate after school.
We’ve also made a few ornaments for the tree, like these Christmas pom pom ones over at So Fawned Lifestyle.
How much do we love personalized notebooks? I ordered these ones from minted a couple of weeks ago using a gift certificate I’d won in a contest (woot!) and couldn’t be more pleased with how they turned out. It’s Christmas come early!
And speaking of Christmas, one try small things reader is going to find this surprise prezzie at their door in the next couple of days, maybe even tomorrow! Is it you? Oh I can’t wait for it to arrive!