I’ve been feeling badly for not posting last week’s highlights earlier but now that it’s Throwback Thursday, it’s totally legit! Don’t you love when things work out like that?
1. I thought IKEA would be mobbed last week with everyone around for March Break, but last Monday it was surprisingly quiet. (Ahh!) I restrained myself from bringing home more kitchen goods and picked up a few things from the Paper Shop instead. (Oh and meatballs, of course.) Have you seen IKEA’s new stationary, gift wrap and party decorations? I love!
2. Tuesday we woke up to more damn snow. Which was pretty and all, but for crying out loud! Enough!
3. I’m not a fan of artificial flowers, but Urban Barn is bringing me around. The downtown store was abloom with gorgeous bouquets last week when I stopped in for the Spring decor workshop.
4. Who knew falafel were so easy to make? Hubby tried Chef John’s recipe on Saturday and they turned out awesome! Have you ever made them?
5. And what a fun surprise to see my Instagram photo in the new issue of Today’s Parent magazine! (And the Spaghetti Nests with Bocconcini “eggs” are really delicious, if you want to try them.)
I’ve got another book review and some great recipes to share with you in the next couple of days. Talk soon!
I don’t know how you can say you overindulged over the holidays because I’m pretty sure I ate all the treats. Sometimes because they were there, sometimes because they were just too good, and sometimes because I was stressed out (I’m a terrible stress-eater!). But there are plenty of other things that aren’t brownies that are really good too, and much healthier all-round. This week I loaded up on fruits and veggies to try some of the recipes in Julie Daniluk’s three-day hot detox and three-day reboot cleanse.
I’m not following either to the letter (see last night’s tacos) but I’m loving the recipes I’ve tried. The berry boost smoothie is a surprisingly delicious and energizing blend of mood-boosting spinach, fruit, coconut beverage, hemp hearts and a few other things, and the broccoli blender soup is also tasty and satisfying.
Have you ever tried a detox or a cleanse? How did it go?
A shout-out to 1Milk2Sugars PR for their speedy delivery of the Clarisonic prize package I won from My Fash Avenue just before the holidays. It arrived this week in this beautiful box full of items (including a Clarisonic Aria — woot!) to make my skin clean, clear and younger-looking. Have you joined the #sonicrevolution?
Yesterday we went to IKEA for the first time in a couple of months and look what’s arrived since our last go-round! The IKEA Paper Shop! It took everything in me not to load a cart with all the pretty decorations, stationary, wrapping paper and washi tape.
And speaking of stationary, look for a giveaway this week for your chance to win this More Is More notebook from The Red Bow and some my other faves from Chapters and Target.
Have a good week everybody!
Besides getting back to the gym (I’ve been once in the past month, oy vey!), one thing I’d like to do in the new year is send more snail mail. I love sitting down with a tea and writing to a friend, even if we see each other on the regular. A big part of the fun is choosing just the right card or stationery. And lookie here! A whole lotta right just arrived in the mail!
It’s Happy Mail, the new paper goods subscription service from A Beautiful Mess. I ordered the December pack to try it out, ‘tho I already knew I would totally love it. Do you want to see what’s inside?
Oooh, so perfect for a crafty friend! It would look pretty cute framed too.
Can you guess what this says? My mom taught me finger spelling when I was a kid and it stuck with me, so I got it in a minute or two.
That’s right! Thinking of you!
“Brunch” as a verb. Love this one.
And some cute sticker tabs! These are going to be so fun to use in my planner!
And there’s more! You can see the entire contents here in this video. The girls do one around the 10th of each month so you can know exactly what you’re getting. They’re also working on a subscription service for scrapbooking supplies, which I am totally going to try out for you guys. Um, even ‘tho I don’t scrapbook. But I might be so inspired I’ll start!
Do you like to send snail mail too? What do you want to do more often in the new year?